Question:
I've been getting MySpace friend invitations almost every day. You?
2007-05-11 14:53:02 UTC
The profile is always some half-naked woman and the blog always reads, EXACTLY the same, starting "**!!**so sexxy!!!**!!**Pimp Myspace**!!**Fun loving, open minded people with a naughty side =)...." Is this a cop or a scammer, or what?
Eight answers:
Ben Ja Min
2007-05-11 14:58:25 UTC
Hi, if you go to Account Settings > Privacy Settings on MySpace you can change who can contact you.

I recommend that you check the box that says "Friend Requests - Require email or last name". This will only allow people to add you who know your last name or E-Mail. Plus you can filter out bands and others.

Good Luck,

Ben
2007-05-11 16:07:29 UTC
I have a test profile set up, and I've already gotten 51 friend requests. All of them are completely fake and generic.

http://www.myspace.com/benisurmaster
2007-05-11 14:55:49 UTC
It's just really annoying spam. I'm pretty sure most everyone has been getting it. The best thing to do is just deny it and move on.
shay-lah♥
2007-05-11 15:02:50 UTC
scammer pure junk mail

if u want it to stop go to ur account settings and set it up so only ppl that know ur e-mail or last name can add u
andy
2007-05-11 20:12:31 UTC
I get those everyday. The links to their other pictures will take you to a dating website. I did send a message to one of them telling them to leave me alone. I still get them but not as many anymore.
2007-05-11 14:56:46 UTC
It's horrible, but it happens to everyone on myspace.
yellowsunshine682001
2007-05-11 15:03:48 UTC
If i were you i would go through your settings,set them up correctly.But to answer your question yes it`s spam.
2007-05-11 14:55:02 UTC
YEA ITS JUST JUNK MAIL